Re: download or wait??

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 01:04:47AM -0700, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 08:02:00AM +0100, Hany Hamed wrote:
> >  Dear brothers
> >      When I asked before about mandrake 9.1 I was
> > advised to wait until 9.2 is released because it would
> > be much more stable and bug free, do you advise me now
> > to download version 10.0 or wait for next version for
> > the same reasons, thanks in advance.
>
> It is really up to you whether to wait or not. I don't know about
> Mandrake specifically, but with other distirbutions (like Debian or
> Gentoo) you can easily upgrade your entire distribution whenever you
> want to. I have heard, from some people who use Mandrake, that this is
> not as smooth with Mandrake as they would like it to be -- but since I
> don't have any first-hand experience, I couldn't say.

Not true,
I upgraded from 9.2 to 10 community to 10 official with no problems.
just add the mirrors.
urpmi --auto-select and voila!

There is a bug I found with konq. shipped with mandrake "I found it in all the distros after that". konq crashes on some sites like www.amrkhaled.net for ex.
I've submitted a bug, I'm not sure if it was fixed or not, I don't use kde. But I was testing it for our comp. before they switch all the linux boxes to windows ;)

--
-- Katoob Main Developer