Re: download or wait??

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 08:02:00AM +0100, Hany Hamed wrote:
>  Dear brothers
>      When I asked before about mandrake 9.1 I was
> advised to wait until 9.2 is released because it would
> be much more stable and bug free, do you advise me now
> to download version 10.0 or wait for next version for
> the same reasons, thanks in advance.

It is really up to you whether to wait or not. I don't know about
Mandrake specifically, but with other distirbutions (like Debian or
Gentoo) you can easily upgrade your entire distribution whenever you
want to. I have heard, from some people who use Mandrake, that this is
not as smooth with Mandrake as they would like it to be -- but since I
don't have any first-hand experience, I couldn't say.

In general though, you can keep waiting for the next version with less
bugs forever ;)

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |