Re: Sequential Fathatan Final Form (Items 9 and 10)

> > Our partners Tradigital have a big office in Cairo where they work on
> > encoding the Qur'an in close cooperation with the Azhar. I met there
with
> > Sheikh Ali Gomaa. There reason I was there is that they had no clue
about
> > Unicode.
> >

>   I don't Sheikh Ali Gomaa, but Al-Azhar normally doesn't hand older
masahef
>   unless explicitly requested.

Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:08 AM:

"There has been a recent reorganization of the highest echelons of Egypt's
religious establishment: Sheikh Dr. 'Ali Gum'a  (Ali Gomaa) has been
appointed to the post of Egyptian Mufti, replacing Sheikh Dr. Ahmad
Al-Tayyeb, who was appointed president of Al-Azhar University.   Dr.
Al-Tayyeb replaced Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Omar Hashem."

I was involved on work in the contemporary Qur'anic Standard Orthography.