Re: Sequential Fathatan Final Form (Items 9 and 10)

> On Thursday 17 June 2004 02:23, Thomas Milo wrote:
> >
> > Our partners Tradigital have a big office in Cairo where they work on
> > encoding the Qur'an in close cooperation with the Azhar. I met there
with
> > Sheikh Ali Gomaa. There reason I was there is that they had no clue
about
> > Unicode.
> >

>   I don't Sheikh Ali Gomaa, but Al-Azhar normally doesn't hand older
masahef
>   unless explicitly requested.
>   So my suggestion is to always make sure that you really got what you
were
>   looking for not what was suggested by a single vendor.
>
>   btw: Al-Azhar has really very weak policies regarding computer
technologies,
>          so this cooperation is probably weak too.

Indeed, therefore it is not necessary to keep referring to al-azhar_ (in
reversible transcription) in our disputes. After all we are working on an
analysis of the problem in terms of logical and visual aspects, not on a
fatwa about it.

What I need to see is scans of authorized Qur'anic text that shows fathatan
on top of alif.