Re: Arabic emails Subject and Sender

--- Abdallah  <abd at techie dot com> wrote:
> I wonder why arabic emails passsing through my RH9 + postfix + cyrus
> are getting their
> Subject changed to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and Sender changed to
> ???????????????
>
> I pop email using mail clients like (mozzila and outlook) and some have
> the subject and sender correct.
>
> Webmail client (apache 2 + squirrelmail) shows the above. Emails sent
> through a mailform also exhibit the problem.
>
> Have you seen this on your systems ?
>
> How can I go about fixing it ?

Look into the encoding that is being used in the varlous applications
(or websites) that are not displaying Arabic correctly.  They might be
hardcoded to use values like us-ascii or similar.  To be safe, you should
always use UTF-8 in all your correspondance and tell those that mail you
to do the same.  Experiement a bit in that area and I'm sure something
will resolve - report back when that happens so that others might benefit.

Hope that helps.