Re: Sequential Fathatan Final Form (Items 9 and 10)

?

> > Regarding the sample /luuTa-n/, please compare Q6:86, Q7:80, Q11:77,
> > Q21:71, Q21:74, Q27:54, Q29:28, Q29:32, Q29:33 and Q37:133.
> >
> > The word occurs in various tajweed variations,
> >

>   Yes of course because it depends on the first letter of the second word.

We all know, don't we?

> > I all mushafs inspected I can see all variations of fatHatan clearly
> > positioned to the right of the alif. The Cairo typographer left tanween
> > fatha on top the governing letter in all cases.
> >
> > The mushafs in Ottoman Naskh style show a strong preference to allow
single
> > or double fatha _of the preceding letter_ to touch the following alif.
> >

>  It seems to me like the most popular mushaf by QuranComplex hasn't
reached
>  you yet nor did the older (that are populary used) Haramain, Shamarly nor
the
>  one by the Egyptian ministry of education.
>  Anyway, I can guess that the masahef you checked are only used for
research.

No, I am referring to the reprint of the King Fuad Qur'an that was prepared
by our partners Tradigital of Cairo (ma`aadii)

http://www.tradigital.de/

I would appreciate it if you could scans of a few of the words referred to
above as rendered in the Saudi edition.

>  Please understand that we have the problem of how to display all these
>  various variations (with the populary used masahef as a priority).
>  My point is that we need the one mentioned in the sample.

I do understand.

>  Please suggest a way for us to display it like that keeping in mind that
>  if we positioned fathatan + Alef this way in the font using GPOS tables,
>  it would break any regular text (The font will become useless for any
>  regular Arabic text).

Having seen you last examples, I think we need to investigate if there
aren't already Unicode points that like Zero Width non-joiner that could be
used to add the necessary behaviour without creating a new code for what
essentially is a superscript alif.