Re: Quranic Proposal

On جمعة 11 يونيو 2004 23:52, Thomas Milo wrote:
> >   I am an Arab BTW.
>
> Arab chauvinist you mean.
>
> >   Guys, please open your hard-copy of the Qur'an and search
> >   for the word "الثمرات" in the first chapter "Al-Baqara" verse
> >  number 22 and tell Mr.Milo that the word is identical to the
> >  one in the proposal (Sample 8.1 in the proposal) so that
> >  he can be sure that all of the Islamic world are using the same
> >  text as in the proposal.
>
> Please take me off this list. I have no time for these exclusive group
> games - they are apparently for Arabeyes only.

  It seems like you didn't understand the purpose of this paragraph.
  This might be due to the bad formation of this paragraph but you
  should execuse me because of the length of my post. (I tried to
  discuss every point you mentioned.)
  Please also note that I'm an Arab and thus it's not very natural for me
  to communicate in English. This is to say that the above paragraph doesn't
  imply anything other than its apparent meaning.
  Anyway, I was _serious_ when I wrote it. I wanted to make good use of
  divergent nature of this list (people from different countries).
  You said:
"
The special positioning of superscript alif that this proposal requests to be
encoded as a character is in fact only visible in the metal typesetting
produced for the King Fuaf Qur'an and the handwritten clone of this typeface
used for the King Fahd Qur'an
"
  Since I'm from Egypt and since King Fuad was the king of Egypt, More than
  my humble words would be needed to convince you.
  And hence I requested from people who live in different countries to confirm
  that in their local hard-copy of the Qur'an, the same special positioning of
  the small alif exists.

  That's all.

> Thanks,
>
> Mr Milo

  OT: I used to consider using "Mr" a formal way to talk to people whom you
        don't know, but for some reason it seems to me like using it offended
        you. Please tell me if it does offend you so I can stop using it.

--
Mohammed Yousif
Egypt