Re: Some Points, about Arabeyes [Part I]

Mon Dieu!. I have really to relearn English to say something that can be
totally misunderstood, even after second correction.

 --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Sounds like a conversation between you and Arafat to me :-)

It is, for granted. At least I got that right.

> Not sure
> how his (or anyone else's for that matter) personal evolving view is
> tied to Arabeyes policy or existing culture (hint - its not :-).

Hint correct, and off point.

> As noted - people are free to communicate their views (in a professional
> atmosphere) but that does not make it policy and/or the general attitude
> (I believe that point/concept is understood since it was referred to with
> "it was suggested" :-).  Again, even if a 'core' member were to say what
> is stated above it should not be construed to carry any more significance
> unless it was qualified with "'core' has decided that ..." (and that
> decision and process would be noted in the meeting minutes).

Sensible and kind words. It was understood.

I wanted to say that there _was_ a conversation between me and Arafat. I tried
to support my argument by saying that it is in line with the 'current existing
culture'. I believed that 'the current existing culture' is openness. And I
tried to support my logic, in my conversation with Arafat, with that.

On second note, I shouldn't. There is no place which stated that openness is
the current existing culture. I still understand that it is, not so much as
some body from core or otherwise said it.

It is clear that you understand my stance is I assumed Arafat is stating the
culture. He wasn't. And I wasn't. Though I am guilty of trying to support my
arguments using what I understand.

> I just wanted to reiterate that important distinction.

I definitely got that distinction, but try to understand my point.
I hope I explained it better this time, though I seriously am in doubt now.
I repeat, I was not assuming that Arafat or I are tieing our views to Arabayes
stance. I supported my view with the current practice, and it seems I have to
apologize for that.

If I am right, no need to answer. But you may correct any fallacies I still
have.

By the way, thanks for the bug report.

> Salam.
>
>  - Nadim