Re: Arabic fonts will be accpeted in to gnome!

Well to me the words rip-off means copied, indirect or not. I took indirect
to mean, for example, traced out from a print out and then plugged back in
to a font designer. That would be very close to copyright violation.

As far as I can see when I open many modern printed arabic books the font is
in this style. It would be hard to produce a font of this style that didn't
resemble cyberbit to a certain extent by the nature of the khatt. To have
evidence of copying/indirect ripping there must be more than a resemblance
of style.

There's no need to take it personally, I just want to set the record straight
that the people at kacst didn't copy in any way the bitstream font (in my
opinion, allahu a`lam).

wassalaam
abdulhaq