Re: Efforts made

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:16:11PM +0430, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> Well, now that we are speaking about proposals, I wish to restate my wish
> for incorporation of Arabeyes. Believe me, it's one of the biggest wishes
> in my personal wishlist.

This is a work-in-progress. I am currently consulting local lawyers, in
Bahrain about the possible options and possibilities. I have sent off
our documents and whatnot, and simply waiting on their feedback on what
our best options are. However, initially the reactions were, the legal
framework in the region (Arabian Gulf, Middle East, etc.) are not very
suitable.

> (I personally won't be able to help with the task, since I'm sure you
> won't want to incorporate Arabeys in Iran, but I volunteer to help in
> other matters like drafting a document for incorporation, or creating an
> open and democratic-while-technically-sane infrastructure.)

Not to worry, this has already been done. A process that took over a year!
It is no wonder nations struggle over constitutions when it took a core
group of (a max of) 4 to agree on a charter. The charter is only in Arabic
now (and contains its fair share of bad grammar!).  I don't think we
want to get into fixing it up until I get some feedback from the lawyers,
in terms of whether there is anything that could be modified to suit
the legal framework in the region.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: