Re: Writing simple sentence in arabic

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:06:13PM -0700, Mikael Claesson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm sorry if this is not the right forum. I'm trying
> to write "kifalek", meaning something like "how are
> you?" in arabic on my Gnome machine (have Windoze

keefak ;-)

> aswell). I've managed to get arabic keyboard support,
> and in GEdit I can get random squigglies by typing on
> the keyboard. I know no arabic at all.
>
> I have the sentence written down on a piece of paper,
> so I know what it should look like. Is there some
> point-and-click tool for writing arabic? And which
> font should I use? Is there anything else I should
> think of?

I don't think that i know about such a thing.
Though i can code something like this if required ;)
any votes out there ?

You can use MS windows fonts "i use tahoma here", or kacst fonts.

> Best of all ofcourse would be if some friendly arabic
> speaker could write it in a word processor document
> that I can just print out and use. It's for a t-shirt.
> If I could change the font myself to something I like
> that would be great.

If you have it I can write it down for you.

there is a better idea,
you can open a blank file in gedit, write all the arabic letters "i.e
press all the keys on your keyboard" then just copy the letters one by
one as you like!.

> Again I appoligise if this is not the right mailing
> list.

It's
even if not, Welcome man ;-)