Writing simple sentence in arabic

Hello.

I'm sorry if this is not the right forum. I'm trying
to write "kifalek", meaning something like "how are
you?" in arabic on my Gnome machine (have Windoze
aswell). I've managed to get arabic keyboard support,
and in GEdit I can get random squigglies by typing on
the keyboard. I know no arabic at all.

I have the sentence written down on a piece of paper,
so I know what it should look like. Is there some
point-and-click tool for writing arabic? And which
font should I use? Is there anything else I should
think of?

Best of all ofcourse would be if some friendly arabic
speaker could write it in a word processor document
that I can just print out and use. It's for a t-shirt.
If I could change the font myself to something I like
that would be great.

Again I appoligise if this is not the right mailing
list.

Best regards

/M