Re: What are the needed Arabized applications?

Thanks a lot Nadim. We really need more contributions.
On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 22:33, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
<snips>
> The rating I'm using,
>   5 - Must have
>   4 - Critical (very much in need of this)
>   3 - Important to have (need this)
>   2 - Nice to include
>   1 - Of Interest
>
> Name		: mlterm
> Version		: 2.7.0+
> Category	: terminal emulator
> Importance	: A Must (5/5)
> Status		: Shaping and Bidi support; some minor bugs remain
</snips>
I think this is a good example..

> I would like to see a reply from everyone to get an exhaustive list
> of what we'd like to see in distros (this is a VERY serious matter
> that none should take lightly, so reply NOW).  There are plenty of
> you out there that complained about Arabic support in various distros,
> well this is your chance to make a difference - note here what it
> is that you'd like to see in these distros (Arabic related software
> only, please).

I am repeating this just to emphasize it. An exhaustive list is
everyone's chance to point out what they like in distros. This includes
software you assume everyone knows (like mlterm, openoffice) and
software not everybody uses (like arabtex). You know what you need, you
state it. Note that even if a software is part of the arabeyes project
or much used here, we still need the other information (importance,
status, etc). Please, do it.
--
Muhammad Abdulmuneim Alkarouri
Teaching Assistant