Re: Arabic Native-Lang Project for OpenOffice.org ?

--- Ossama Khayat <ossama at linuxmail dot org> wrote:
> Charles-H.Schulz wrote:
> > Ossama,
> >
> > I've discovered through your post of this morning the "Arabeyes"
> > project, and I must say that I was very impressed by it.
>
> Glad to hear that, and I hope you could support our language.
>
> > I was wondering
> > if you or somebody else from Arabeyes would be willing to start a
> > Native-Lang project in Arabic. A native-lang project represents the
> > community of users, developpers and marketers of Openoffice.org in one
> > specific language, but is different from the localization project that
> > focuses on translating the software (although both projects work
> > closely) For more info on this topic please visit
> > http://native-lang.openoffice.org
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Well, the project seems so nice. I'd be personally interested in testing
> and marketing the product here in Kuwait, and maybe other members of the
> group would support by development and/or testing as well (that's why I
> sent a copy to the group as well.

Ossama, not to talk on behalf of Charles but I think he meant he wanted
someone to take over (or help) in setting up an Arabic Openoffice (OO)
project  page (in UTF-8 please :-) -- something akin to,

   http://ar.openoffice.org   (NOTE - this does NOT exist _yet_)
 similar to
   http://es.openoffice.org   (Spanish)

And Charles, I think starting such a page would be ideal to bring various
open Arabic issues to light and ultimately to closure.

Ossama up for it (to setup the page at a min) ?

Regards,