Re: Fwd: Re: Open Office Arabic/PDF export

----- Original Message -----
From: Mikael Claesson <miclaes at yahoo dot com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:49:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: general at arabeyes dot org
Subject: Fwd: Re: Open Office Arabic/PDF export

> I tried sending this before but it wouldn't work...
>
> Note: forwarded message attached.

Yeah, sorry for that. We had a problem with our server.
[...]
Subject: Re: Open Office Arabic/PDF export
[...]
> > problem is that when I
> > use Arabic Diacritics, the words are broken in the
> > place of the
> > diacritic as you can see in the sample PDF file.
>
> Oh. I might be wrong. See, I don't know any arabic at
> all. But when I select an arabic keymap and a font
> that has arabic characters it seems to work. I don't
> know what a "diacritic" is, but when I type several
> characters after one another they sort of blend
> together.

I use the Arabic key map to write in Gnome but not in OOo or AbiWord!
The word "diacritic" is defined here http://www.onelook.com/?w=diacritic&ls=a
and sometimes we call it Harakat, which are small letters-like symbols that
we use to change the way a letter is spelled (if i'm correctly defining it).

> Could you take a look at this file?
> http://hem.passagen.se/miclaes/kifak.pdf

I clicked on the link, but seems like the file isn't there!

> Is it correct? I was gonna print it on a t-shirt.
>
> /M

regards,
Ossama Khayat
http://www.linuxmail.org/