Re: المفاجئة الكبرى, داخل هذا الموضوع

My Inbox Happily Received This From Hany Hamed @ Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:35:41 +0100 (BST)

>   Free means free
>       Stop talking like MS men, or leave Linux
>  and join them for money if you want it
>       OOOOOFFFFFFF
Alaa is a Microsoft man ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a snip from the GPL

  1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the
notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty;
and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License
along with the Program.

You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and
you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.

the idea here is the SOURCE code not the fee,
you can write an open source program and sell it. but as soon as i get a hand on a copy, nothing prevents
me from putting the copy on the net with 0 price for anyone to download "check the GPL FAQ"
for example: Arabeyes can sell CDs carrying the source+binary "you must distribute the source"
of any or ALL the projects hosted by them. and that's their rights ;)

--
-- Katoob Main Developer