Re: المفاجئة

Salaam,

I am sorry guys, but I will be completely out of context here, by saying
that the spelling of the word ظ…ظپط§ط¬ط¦ط© should be . ظ…ظپط§ط¬ط£ط©

This might be a good oppotunity for me to say that some members of our
translation team need to read Arabic more often and with critical (Arab)
eyes. I mean that they should focus, while reading, on spelling and structure.
A good idea would also be that they try to find out how certain frequently
used notions are expressed in Arabic, e. g. : For more information, .
is usually expressed in Arabic by: .
ظ„ظ…ط²ظٹط¯ ظ…ظ† ط§ظ„ظ…ط¹ظ„ظˆظ…ط§طھ
and not by
ظ„ظ…ط¹ظ„ظˆظ…ط§طھ ط£ظƒط«ط±
We need to write plain, but also normative Arabic in Linux. I know that
being concise is one of the golden rules in translating computer related
material, but I think that a few bites more would be harmless if they
lead to a better understanding of, and conformity to, our language usage.

I wish I had more time to elaborate on that. I will do my best anyway.
Preferably on Doc list, for this is not, as I first said, the right place.

Salaam
Yasser

Find your right marriage partner. You have waited so long. Go to Mabrook right NOW!
http://www.maktoob.com/