Re: ???????? ??????, ???? ??? ???????

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 01:46:27AM +0300, Alaa The Great wrote:

> I thought anyone would agree to this, thats why I was so surprised,
> anyway I don't think Hany meant any harm, he probably thought I was
> making some Total Cost of Ownership statement or something.

One should be able to tell the difference between legitimate posts
and trolls. That was obviously a tasteless troll. Best thing to do
is to simply ignore ;)

> the problem really is not understanding what Free Software is all
> about, thats why I think it is important to refer to the os as
> GNU/Linux and all (so it appears that RMS is my master not BG).

No comment ;)

> why doesn't arabeyes adopt an official translation to the term and
> send it to the  FSF to be listed among other translations??

The Arabic translation of the GPL that is on CVS now:
http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/doc/misc/ar_GPL

implies what Arabeyes adopts. On the other hand, this is not gray area,
it is quite clear what it means and your intepretation is the valid
one.

As for sending it to the FSF, Isam Bayazidi is the person you
want to talk to (now that he's well and back, yippeee!).

> we also need translations of basic documents like the Free Software
> Definition (I wrote a draft translation but never got to finish it).

You may want to take this discussion to the 'doc' list. If your draft
is incomplete, it can still go on CVS.. someone else may pick up from
where you left off.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: