Re: ÇáãÝÇÌÆÉ ÇáßÈÑì, ÏÇÎá åÐÇ ÇáãæÖæÚ

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:54:01 -0700 (PDT)
Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> --- Alaa The Great <alaa linux-egypt org> wrote:
> >
> [snip snip]
> >
> > now I have to report back to my master Bill Gates and tell him
> > that we need a new approach for the guys in Arabeyes because
> > they are so darn smart.
>
> Alaa, please don't lump all of us "free spirits" :-) with that
> rather odd misplaced comment.  I caution anyone in forming an
> opinion on an entire project based on 1 or 2 people's dark comments
> and/or actions.

so you would not have me tell dear Bill that you guys are smart?? why
don't you think you are smart?? :-)

no seriously I have a very high opinion of the core arabeyes members
and I feel ashamed of myself for not contributing (I have my excuses
but still thats no excuse?)

> For the record, I too agree that "7or" would be more appropriate.

I thought anyone would agree to this, thats why I was so surprised,
anyway I don't think Hany meant any harm, he probably thought I was
making some Total Cost of Ownership statement or something.

the problem really is not understanding what Free Software is all
about, thats why I think it is important to refer to the os as
GNU/Linux and all (so it appears that RMS is my master not BG).

why doesn't arabeyes adopt an official translation to the term and
send it to the  FSF to be listed among other translations??

we also need translations of basic documents like the Free Software
Definition (I wrote a draft translation but never got to finish it).

cheers,
Alaa
--
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
ourselves