Re: konqueror

On Friday 21 December 2001 12:37, you wrote:
> Just to rule out any wrong doing from my part, I have Windogz truetype
> fonts installed on my debian box with XFree86-4.1. I installed KDE3beta
> last night after a long battle with KDE-2.2.1. Rendering Arabic web sites
> under konqueror is simply horrible compared to KDE-2.1. I am including the
> fonts section of my XF86Config-4 file. I would appreciate any pointers or
> tricks pertaing to KDE3 setting.

Well I am running KDE3Beta1 now, with XFree86-4.0.3 .. Added the Windows fonts
.. and did set the Tahoma as the default font for almost all types of fonts
for Konqueror .. and Entered some Arabic sites :
http://www.aljazeera.net
http://www.montada.com
http://www.google.com/intl/ar/
http://www.arabic.arabia.msn.com  (one complex Arabic site that I had to test)
http://www.arabia.com/arabic

and they all went fine even better than the KDE2.2.2 that I had before,
specialy in the complex tables, and arabic font settings .. Please Mr. Ahmed
.. can you tell me what sites you had probelms with ? and what version of QT
you use ? (3 , 3.01, 3.02 , ?? ) ??

The kde-i18n-ar that the translation team is doing looks great .. I was
surprised to see it as smooth .. Hope you all can try it ..

Later
--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi