Re: konqueror

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 01:44:10PM +0307, Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just to rule out any wrong doing from my part, I have Windogz truetype fonts
> installed on my debian box with XFree86-4.1. I installed KDE3beta last night
> after a long battle with KDE-2.2.1. Rendering Arabic web sites under konqueror
> is simply horrible compared to KDE-2.1. I am including the fonts section of
> my XF86Config-4 file. I would appreciate any pointers or tricks pertaing to
> KDE3 setting.

You are right. That is because khtml (the Konqueror rendering engine) and Qt
(the gui toolkit kde is based on) are both trying to implement BiDi at the
same time, causing a 'double-bidi' effect... essentially making it useless.

KDE developers are aware of this, and there was a thread on it when they first
moved to Qt3.. but apparently no one has gotten around to it yet.

later