Re: new projects...

السلام عليكم

> > Do you have CVS write access on Arabeyes (if not, do please follow the
> > directions noted in our docs and mail me in private your encrypted
> > password) ?  Are you interested in contributing to any existing projects
> > (gnome/KDE/...) - the reason I ask is that we are in dire need of
> > coordinators (read "owners") for those projects due to their important
> > and wide circulation.
   I am actually interested in more standardization in Arabeyes. I
think we should make a unified dictionary ( based on
www.arabization.org.ma/Dictionnaire.asp ) and discuss new terms in the
mailinglist, and if the project evolves we may submit our new
dictionary to the bureau of coordination of arabization to agree on it
because their one lacks a lot of terms.
 We also need to make a stylistic guide for arabization, for example
to agree on the way to ask in the GUI for example  المرجو ، من فضلك ،
رجاء,  ... are different ways to say "please", we need to agree on a
single way to say it to make the arabization more consistent. We
should also agree on some grammatical rules like the use of hamza ,
shadda, transliteration, name of programs ....
  The websites needs a light make-up with more screenshots,
description of the arabization
process .. to attract new contributors.
   If we do this we will incha'allah have more contributors and the
quality of the translation will get improved.