Re: yes you are offensive

Please before you get to the translation of automatic as "تلقائى " and trying to steal the translation ... just leave "تلقائى" for "automatic" ...

Why don't we make a new Arabic word for default ?

We agreed that the long meaning or definition would be
القيمة المختارة فى حالة غياب تفاعل المستخدم
it is very long .. if we trim it it will look like

قمحغتم
ق for القيمة
م for المختارة
and so on

I'm already thinking of something like that for other words
for example "password" would be "كلمرو" abbreviated from "كلمة مرور"
and "email" would be "بريدا" from "بريد إلكترونى" .... I'm not telling you that to use it.. It is just a plain memory dump ...and a thought .......

Afief Halumi <afief dot h at gmail dot com> wrote:
i am sure we are breaking some kind of dependency tree here....

isn't تلقائي==automatic?

and actually default means failure(as i mentioned in another email) but the problem here is not high level semantics, it's a problem of associated meanings and the ease of use.
if someone sugests using a word over 10 letters for any of the common words like "default" "OK" or "ignore" i want his adress so i can shot him :P Arabic is a rich language, but with richness comes complexity, and today's avarage joe person hates complexity(average joe also isn't a geek and doesn't use linux by default)

Afief