Re: Mohamed's Daily doses ....

On 12:43 Fri 04 Aug     , Djihed Afifi wrote:
> >Another thing, I want to contribute to this, and since Youssef
> >disappeared :) we, me and you, can organize our work together.
>
> Give him a break, he will return incha'allah, you never know what's
> happening to him :-)

I meant we can do some work until he is back again.

> >The last thing, I ask every one concerned with translation to stop
> >translating for now and help to finish this technical dictionary first,
> >this is an urgent issue guys.
>
> Khaled, I'd much prefer the work technical dictionary to be
> concentrated in as few heads as possible while letting other
> translators work in parralel. We currently don't have the proper tools
> to work on the dictionary together, Saad is doing a good thing by
> submitting them to the mailing list for everybodoy to discuss. This is
> not merely a translation project, the terms have to be discussed and
> agreed on beforehand, getting everybody to jump together around the
> project will create some overhead that Saad and Chahibi may not be
> able to deal with.

Hmm, I think you are right.

> I recommand picking one of the po files in the CVS and start
> translating it, suggest your terms here. Questionable terms need to be
> agreed on by everybody.
>
> Just a thought...

I've an idea, I'll pick a file, work on it, post questionable terms here,
until all files are finished (by me, Youssef, Saad and any one working
on this). After that we can ask every one interested in this to revise
our work (we can choose some letters per a definite period of time), and
we can discuss what is said to be incorrect by someone.

> We're in real dire need for a wiki..

I agree in this too.