Re: Firefox 1.5 beta2 builds

Salam,

Chahibi Youssef <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:

I am not an Arabic language expert, but I think that the shadda is irrelevant.
And that because almost all arabic medias ( TV, newspapers, ... ) don't add
shaddas. For example in Al-Jazeera's bottom bar, there is no shadda and no
harakat, even when there is a confusion, in the sentence
مقتل يابانيين
We can't know is they are 2 or more.

OK that's right but if the medias in the wrong way must we  follow them
almost of us heard the expression "yellow papers" = "الصحافة الصفراء "
it means fast and irregular essays
and I think we have to build Arabic computing rules
extended out of Arabic linguistic rules which developed for native Arabic reader
as you know: when non native Arabic need to read qraan  points then vowels has been added
but the public writing still without vowels, and when the Arabic became slang dialects
some rules has been added but almost of Arabs loose the relation with science, civilization

if we really want pure Arabic system for our children, we have to build a restricted rules
seeking for semantic computing

Thanks,
Hamed
www.tarmeez.org