Re: Firefox 1.5 beta2 builds

Le Samedi 15 Octobre 2005 17:31, Youcef Rahal a écrit :
> About the shadda: I don't know if the people who expressed themselves
> here are Arabic Language experts or not: sorry if it is the case, and
> if one of you is an expert, please say so (we've been/are still
> looking for 'em :-)). But I believe it would be wise to keep using the
> shadda in translations, unless some _solid_ reference.
>
> If we ever happen to decide that the shadda is irrelevant, it would be
> easy to hunt down all occurences and remove them from the translation
> files. The contrary is difficult.
>
> Salam and Ramadhan Kareem to all,
>
> --
> Youcef Rahal

I am not an Arabic language expert, but I think that the shadda is irrelevant.
And that because almost all arabic medias ( TV, newspapers, ... ) don't add
shaddas. For example in Al-Jazeera's bottom bar, there is no shadda and no
harakat, even when there is a confusion, in the sentence
مقتل يابانيين
We can't know is they are 2 or more.