Re: Firefox 1.5 beta2 builds

On 10/15/05, Chahibi Youssef <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Also, in a bilingual environment it's difficult to get used to two different
> shortcut keys maps.

As you said in another email, the aim is not bilingual, but unilingual
Arabic environment. We must think about a kid getting familiraized
with a computer that is totally arabized, in the long term.

By the way, I'm not saying that you are wrong. I just think it would
be 'logical' to _me_ to use other shortcuts when using Arabic.
However, this logic is not only personal, but it can even be useless
in a practical situation. To really find out, we need some usability
studies/tests - again, on the academic level ;-)

Anyone aware of a study of that kind (in the Arab world, or related to
Arabic somehow) ?

> Do you have any idea about arabic key shortcuts in Windows and Mac OS ? We
> could probably simply copy windows and mac so conventions.

I don't.

Youcef Rahal