Re: WinSCP Translation

Salam, REALLY sorry about the late reply,

On 5/25/05, S.K. <moon_lightin at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Salam all,
>
> I nearly finished WinSCP Translation but want to be sure of the best
> translation for the following words:
> 1. Sticky bit and octal: (mentioned on the extended rights/permissions
> section)
> 2. "The first %s cipher supported by the server is %s, which is below the
> configured warning threshold."
> Cipher:
> Threshold:
> 3. Random seed file:
[...]

These are some rather tough, tough terms. I don't think we have
anything standard for them, so I guess your free to be creative and
coin your own terms. I would translate the first one as

 "بت لزجة وثماني"

although any translation you can come up with may be just as good/bad.

the second one, I can take a very rough shot:

أول شفرة %s يدعمها الخادم هي %s، وهي دون المستوى المهيئ لإطلاق التنبيه

finally:
"random seed file" =>

"ملف بذرة العشوائيّة"

or something to that effect.

Hope this was of some help, and kudos to you for the efforts your
putting in on this project. Hope it does not go unnoticed.

Abdulaziz,