Re: WinSCP Translation

Salam Nadim,

I am with you regarding the need of UTF-8 support in WinSCP. I kept this issue in mind but concentrated more on the translation at that time.

Contacting the application author is a good idea. We need to stress on the need of UTF-8 but I think it will be better if any of Arabeyes developers can participate in adding UTF-8 support to WinSCP. What do you think???

In the meantime, I NEED the translation of the words to finish up the full translation of WinSCP!! Hope to hear from you all….

Suhaila

Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
--- "S.K." wrote:
> I nearly finished WinSCP Translation

Suhaila, not to take anything away from your hard work and efforts,
but is WinSCP supporting UTF-8 ? Last I checked it still wasn't unless
one were to use a newer version of ftp.

http://winscp.sf.net

As you can imagine, if one can't properly see Arabic filenames and folders
chances are he/she would not opt to use the application again so the
translation is of little value until UTF-8 support is added.

I highly encourage you, and everyone listening with the ability to email,
to contact WinSCP's author and truly convince him of this urgent need.

Sorry to divert this thread slightly - hopefully your initial questions
will be answered.

Salam and keep up the great work.