Re: Arabization

On 5/15/05, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Chahibi Youssef <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > http://www.arabicacademy.org.eg
>
> Can someone contact the organization noted in Cairo ?  We really could
> use their assistance and oversight on a _number_ of issues and topics.

I'll go even further. This organization, is not a regular one. This is
THE official Arabic language body, and their the _most_ recognized
authority on the Arabic language in the entire world. What we need
with these people is _not_ assistance and oversight. We need a
long-term alliance.

I strongly urge our men on the ground in Egypt (and thank god we have
LOTS of those :-) to try and arrange a physical meeting with some of
the Acedemy's officials. Let them know who we are, what we do and what
we need. Even tell them what we might offer and that we are willing to
be their technical muscle should they ever need it.

Before we do this of course we need to establish first contact. Nadim,
can we send them that Unicode PDF we worked on a few months ago? We
can follow that up with maybe a phone call, then somebody will have to
show up at their door.

> I don't think we have anything concrete for them beyond the urgent
> need for their participation in Unicode.org and its various decision
> making bodies.  As noted, we really need to establish a communication
> channel sooner rather than later.

Eye to eye :-)

Abdulaziz,