Re: Introducing myself + a question

Hello Ayman:

I will ping my mother. She is a retired Arabic school teacher.

Thanks

Anmar

Ayman Hourieh wrote:
On 6/16/05, Nawwar <kabbani2 at scs-net dot org> wrote:

Hi,
I just wanted to introduce my self here, my name is Nawwar Kabbai, I'm
from Syria.

Welcome! I've commited several files translated by Nawwar, and he's
doing a very good job, keep it up ;)

The problem is how to write the Hamzat Al-Wassl, for example I noticed
that words like إحفظ usually written with Hamza, but as we learned in
school, Hamzat Al Wassl mustn't be written, although it is pronounced
when it's in the beginning of speach.

Hmm, yeah I write إفعل verbs with hamza (أمر فعل ثلاثي), I though it
was hamzat qat3 not wasl, will try to find a school book to make sure,
do you have any school books left to check it out too?

-Ayman