Re: DrakX translation update

Salam,

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:08:54 -0800 (PST), Ossama Khayat
<okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Salam,
> Youcef, could you please sync the MDK repo we have ASAP so maybe we'll have a
> chance in getting those updates with the release?

I was about to sync and then... I noticed a few issues:

1- You used CVS_SILENT to commit a lot of files (I really thought it
was only DrakX that you committed).

2- There are serious problems with some commits (I do systematic diffs
with every time there's a commit). To be honest I noticed one problem
and I did not check further if it was also there with other files:
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/mandrake/userdrake.po.diff?r1=1.13&r2=1.14&sortby=date

So what I suggest is:

1- Please do not use CVS_SILENT to commit your files unless your are
committing multiple files in multiple directories. In the case of Mdk,
there's only one dir, so there will be one notifcation email sent out,
even if there are change to all the files of the dir.

2- Please check your commit by doing a diff. You can do so by using
'cvs diff filename' _before_ you commit. But you can also use the
ViewCVS interface _after_ you commit to check that everything is OK
(as long as you fix the issues if you find any ;-)

That's it ;-) Could you please check and fix the files so I can do the
sync. There is not anyway a big hurry since there won't be a
translation freeze before RC1.

Youcef R. Rahal