Re: WINCVs

--- Rai'da Al-Zu3bi <raida_lists at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> Hope this finds you well. Re the instructions here:
> http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/wincvs-howto-ar/
>
> I've download WINCVs.  Would you kindly tell me which
> tcltk files to download? There are several and I'm not
> sure which one I need.  Also, the CVS Root file is not
> available in WinCvs 1.3 version.  Please advise.

I'll let someone more familiar with this answer your inquiries.

> P.S. 'am thinking it will make translation easier if I
> just download Linux on my old laptop, but not sure how
> to go about this, since it has a Windows OS

Just download a mandrake ISO (ie. image) and burn it into a CD then
reboot and have your BIOS set so that it reads the CD-Rom before it
reads the HardDrive.  Mandrake (any version above 10.0) [1] is a very
good start for newbies and the installation process is VERY simple,
just follow the instructions.

In short, don't let the installation of linux detract you from the
process or experience - it is _VERY_ simple and you should simply
go for it.

[1]