Re: Translation Project Syncs (ATTENTION _ALL_ TRANSLATION PROJECT MAINTAINERS)

Salam,

On 4/14/05, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Hmmm, IS there any translation to be done or can we just ignore this
> project for now? Now, thats a rhetorical question :-) , because if I
> was willing to do some translation, I would have no way of knowing
> whether or not there is work to do, unless I actually go to the
> Mandrake (or any other project) website and look there, either that or
> I could bother you by asking every couple of weeks. This can all be
> avoided with a little bit of work.

Well, there is a link which opens directly the Mandrake's (ah,
Mandriva's!) status page. Just click on it. There are about 30
strings. And yup this particular time is not critical.

> I dont want to come off as being adamant about this. Yes, I know its a
> little silly for Mandrake in particular (and at this particular time),
> but this rule will be very useful for almost all the other projects
> and to be honest I do not like special cases and exceptions. If we
> make an exception here we risk that every other project maintainer
> might try to find a reason why he too should be excluded from this
> burden and this rule will slowly sink into being ignored completely.

I would be happy with no such a rule. It would be very silly to have a
super-updated repo for a project for one year while no translation has
been done on it the past two years (I'm exagerating a bit ;-)

All right, I'll try to do this once or twice and see if it brings more
translators or not. If not, I'll hesitate to do it a third time ;-)

Regards,

--
Youcef R. Rahal