Re: Translation Project Syncs (ATTENTION _ALL_ TRANSLATION PROJECT MAINTAINERS)

On 4/14/05, Youcef Rabah Rahal <y dot rahal at gmail dot com> wrote:
[...]
> Hmm, I certainly have no intention in loosing time 'just for the sake
> of bureaucracy', even if it's 15 mn ;-) If anyone is willing to
> translate (usually Ossama, sometimes you, sometimes me, rarely
> others), it will be a pleasure to do the sync. Just let me know.

Hmmm, IS there any translation to be done or can we just ignore this
project for now? Now, thats a rhetorical question :-) , because if I
was willing to do some translation, I would have no way of knowing
whether or not there is work to do, unless I actually go to the
Mandrake (or any other project) website and look there, either that or
I could bother you by asking every couple of weeks. This can all be
avoided with a little bit of work.

I dont want to come off as being adamant about this. Yes, I know its a
little silly for Mandrake in particular (and at this particular time),
but this rule will be very useful for almost all the other projects
and to be honest I do not like special cases and exceptions. If we
make an exception here we risk that every other project maintainer
might try to find a reason why he too should be excluded from this
burden and this rule will slowly sink into being ignored completely.

> As for the name, I can't do much for that. It needs a change in the DB
> and an mv in CVS. I'll file a bug report for it (or you can beat me to
> it). It is not critical anyway.

Ah, I forgot about CVS. Its not critical in the least, but lets keep
it in the back of our heads :-)

Salam,

Abdulaziz,