[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: doc at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: General Queries
- From: "Nadir Durrani" <aquadurrani at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:51:01 +0000
Assalam o alekum :
I am Nadir Durrani from Pakistan ? We are doing a survey on languages that
are based on arabic script , these include Arabic , Urdu , Farsi , and other
regional languages of Pakistan like Pashto , Sindhi , Punjabi and Balochi .
Arabic is the most developed amonsgt these as far as Linux/GNU platform is
concerned. I need to ask a few questions.
1. I've checked sorting of arabic and urdu characters on spread sheet in
Open Office . It sort characters according to some rules but the sorted
characters do not match the real collating sequence of arabic or urdu
language neither does it sorts them according to unicode number. For example
it sorts character "heh" before "waw" , puts " tteh " before character "sey"
and "hamza" before " alef " and etc etc . Could you tell me what sorting
algorithm it uses ?
2. Have you guys implemented things like spell cheker , lexicon sort of
things in mozilla or open office , because I couldn't find it in Arabbix or
Open Office version 1.1.0 in it .
3. Open office 1.1.0 and mozilla in arabix does not contain any arabic help
files ? Do the Office 1.1.1
does ? Can I get the snap shots ?
4. I've installed mozilla 1.6 from its offical website ? It does not show
arabic interface when I boot with arabic locale ? Do I have to download it
from arabic mozilla site inorder to see the arabic interface ? Will it
update the previous 1.6 mozilla or will be installed seperately ?
I'll be highly grateful if you guys answer me about these . I have lots of
queries to inquire about if you guys answer positively.
<html><DIV><FONT color=#0066ff face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive"
size=5><EM><U>Durrani <IMG height=12
Watch the online reality show Mixed Messages with a friend and enter to win
a trip to NY