Great news: KACST is going to begin working in translation next week

Salam,

I think, that having ppl translate in a big way is for sure a great
blessing to the whole project even I as the gnome maintainer would not
be against this.

My only problem is that Munzir taha, with my respect to him, has to
concider that Arabeyes is in itself a very structured entity which means
that processes are discussed approved and supervised by all the members
of the community.

What does this mean? Simply that you have to work with all the others in
every step of the translation process: the new translators have to be
part of our ecosystem : we want/have to know them, they have to interact
with us and they have to conform to the same rules we conform to.

That they do all the work is for sure not the problem ;) the problem is
how will they do it? And where is Arabeyes in this?

Using Arabeyes resources with ignoring the Arabeyes maintainers views is
not the right path.
Arabeyes can only be at your disposal if you agree to the wishes of
every person working at arabeyes.

what does THIS mean?  O_o

This means that IMHO you can even make the KACST ppl work on gnome! BUT
you'll have to ask every maitainer FIRST, set a working agenda with him,
RESPECT his wishes and APPLY them and let HIM be the maitainer of the
work.
You can be the coordinator of the whole for eg. an attache or what you
like or even become a temporarily/infinite maitainer if the other wishes
so, BUT after discussion with him and the whole community and with
conforming to the existing rules of the ecosystem.

This sounds harsh but this respects everyones position. All of us worked
very hard to achieve something in every field.
And what is EVEN MORE important is the ecosystem that is built around
Arabeyes. If that one becomes obsolete then Arabeyes is dead.
You have to apply to the rules of the project so that the project can
survive. Else the whole can be thrown away, I can install a server at
home and start my own project.

I think it's very important to tell this as this problem is not new, and
many of us are simply afraid of losing their work due to stronger
positions.

So I would say that we as Arabeyes ppl HAVE to accept that others work
on our projects to make the whole go faster BUT we have to set rules, to
highlight our ecosystem to guide the work.
The common words po is for sure a very important brick in this whole
game.

Well that's it from me.

BTW,don't send me emails, officially I am not here...

Arafat