Re: Great news: KACST is going to begin working in translation next week

Salam,

You really misinterpreted my message. First of all I really don't care
what your goals are and what you want to do. My problem is totally
different.
How much does your work integrate in open source philosophy? And what is
our position in this.

Starting from that point, the following points are important for ME (for
Arafat Medini):

* A transparent overview of your work

What is your role?
Who is working with you?
What is your goal?
How are you (all) working?

The problem here is not that I have to speak polite with you or not, the
problem is TOTALLY different. I don't have anything against you. BUT I
want to know what you are doing!!! I mean this is OPEN SOURCE with OPEN
before the source.

Not FORCE SOURCE or "If you don't help me then I start alone" source or
"Alrashedeens brothers" source.

Man, I am all for your work!!! I love you!!! if you want to hear this
then ok, and with sugar upon it.

But the questions are still present. Ok please and with sugar on it may
you share with me your views and methods of working and the ppl you are
working with?
I hope this sounds better.

But as said my problem is totally different.
Where are we ALL heading? (the entire Arabic open source movement), and
are forks like this helpful? NO.
But is a one person directed work helpful? NO.

Arabeyes exists And your are missing the point, I translated hundreds of
pos.
BELIEVE ME the problem is not translating pos, that's totally
unimportant. The problem is how can we sustain momentum? spread the
philsophy, make ppl interested? get linux into the Arabic world and gain
ppl,etc...
Make the work behind the projects beneficial for others and much much
more...
If we start to force things or make decisions alone and don't discuss
with other groups then we are lost.
WE must UNITE, it's as simple as this. And this means discussions, clear
discussions, this means giving-up, loosing points, gain etc...

So I/we need some info.

ok this was my first point.

Second,

It's not about the name, it's about the person. If you want I can
publish your name instead of mine on every po! I am speaking of
experience, I got worried that after I spent too much work on "my" pos
someone comes and gets them from me.

And because of this, I simply ask you to cooperate with the
coordinators. You'll get them in your boat and together you can work on
the whole.
But to cooperate with them you'll need to lay down the situation:
explain to them who is working ask them etc... (see point 1)

over our heads misses the point. It's all about open source.

Long ago someone I forgot who he is proposed the same thing and many, me
included, paniced. As I said cz of the work you invested in. I am only
one person but there are maybe 20 ppl from KACST so they're better then
me -> I'll lose the project -> AAAH, help...

I am all for getting everything done by KACST, but simply work WITH
Arabeyes not under Arabeyes. cz you indeed can slip out of Arabeyes ;)

third ,

ppl who make these translations, like their work their projects, it's
fun for them. When you come with your KACST dudes and do the whole then
the Q would be what will the translator do? it's like having a hobby
work and someone comes and makes a business from it.
You have to concider this point too. Open source was always hobby work.

And seeing this WHOLE picture the question becomes totally different,
and for that Q I need those answers!

ok that's it from me.
I think I'll have to post to this list from time to time even if I
really can't...

Arafat