Re: Great news: KACST is going to begin working in translation next week

On Yaum al-Ahad 02 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 09:17 am, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 02:25:24AM +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > Salaam,
> > I would like to announce with pleasure that King Abdulaziz City for
> > Science and Technology (KACST) wants to participate in the translation
> > beginning from next Saturday. I will be the coordinator in the
> > translation work. The work
>
> Coordinator of what exactly?

Well, I will be the supervisor of the project. Their team are professional
translators but not a technical people. They do want to concentrate on
translation issues only not the registration, CVS, ... issues. I will be the
person who will do the commits in behalf of them.

> > They would like to start with KDE, OpenOffice.org, Fedora, Debian,
> > wordlist ... as time permits. Since our work will be intensive, I prefer
> > we take a project and work with it until finished without intervention
> > from others to avoid conflicts and time waste as much as possible. Since
> > I would be working with them fulltime I would like to take over the whole
> > procedure (for one month) from committing the changes to sync'ing with
> > KDE main site. I need some help here regarding the sync procedure and
> > BRANCH/HEAD issues.
>
> Munzir, Arabeyes doesn't work that way. Each project has its own
> maintainer and so you cannot just "take over for a month" ;) However, in
> the case of KDE, our coordinator's activity is less than satisfactory,
> so unless he quickly responds, I would be more than happy to hand it
> over to you for a month. This however, would not apply to other
> projects.

No problem, I just want to make a productive work and to make sure that
nothing will hinder the process.

> Since we have been doing things on Arabeyes' CVS and then sync'ing, the
> natural response would be -- working on Arabeyes and then sync'ing.
>
> Munzir, people who wish to contribute in translating for x project will
> have to go through the normal procedure everyone has to go through
> (registration, application for CVS account, etc.). I'm not sure I
> understand how you wish to go about doing this (I'm getting the feeling
> you have some other plan for how you want it done). If you have better
> suggestions, let us know.

Yes, I have mentioned it above. All the translation would be committed by me.
I will be the contact person during this period so you can send me any
comments or suggestions.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA