Re: arabizing drupal

--- Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at manalaa dot net> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
> Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds like we need to augment the guide to say "mail to 'contact'
> > your request for consideration".  Since the point has gotten across
> > you should hear back from us in a day or two.
>
> would be nice if it was made clear who's decision it is to approve such
> a request bardo.

As noted, its usually approved if it even remotely relates to Arabic
issues and has value (ie. the suggested new project is doing something
that is worth-while).  One of 'core's functions is to bring forth these
suggestions into reality not simply by mere decision but by facilitation.
In other words, once approved and a contact person is established someone
will be assigned to the new project's maintainer to assist in his/her
queries, issues and needs.

BTW: I realize this is all logical and really requires no reply, but with
     the recent posts elsewhere I thought it would be nice to be complete
     and verbose in case others might be wondering something similar.