Re: OpenOffice.org translation

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > --- munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa wrote:
> > > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:47:06 -0700 (PDT)
> > > Those are function names and they should be left as it's.
> > > I can type a formula =AVERAGE(...) but not =?????(...)
> > > This is exactly like the translation of linux commands.
> > > The distiction should be make by someone who is familiar
> > > with OpenOffice.Org Calc or MS Excel.
> >
> > Still not sure what the script is supposed to do as you seem to
> > indicate that human intervention is necessary.
>
> I meant to say that because the script can't make the distinction, it
> shouldn't be run on the files from the beginning.

It should be easy to simply copy the msgid's content into msgstr (via a
plethora of means including Kbabel) and I can add this option to the
script for it not to touch any pre-existing msgstr contents if that
is deemed worth-while.

> I will see now if there is a tool to work with  it and report back
> what I am going to do.

I'm not sure what truly is the issue, but I can't see why it would be
this big of a deal to where the entire files have to be regenerated.
As you (and others) though see fit.