Re: translation CVS trees

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:07:58PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech dot com> wrote:
> > > Yes, we are not working on head.. actually, there is nothing we are
> > > working on, is there?
> >
> > I have commited few times directly to the KDE CVS i18n HEAD since I wasn't
> > sure if the Arabeyes CVS is synced properly.
>
> Ouch - I don't think that's the way it is supposed to be.  Don't we have
> a sync script or something (I remember working on something for Isam back
> when which included KDE hooks).

Salam,

Jasem, I think you are doing the right thing. I am afraid with no one
maintaining the KDE project here, it would be best to commit directly to
KDE's CVS (since you are a special case and do have a KDE cvs account).

Sync'ing with KDE's cvs is not 100% automated. It always required manual
intervention. Nadim, if you really want to invest the time and energy to
see the possibility of fully and completely automating the process, I
would be more than happy to spend a few hours on irc just working on
that. The scripts you have written to help automate the process do a lot
of work.. but it is not enough. I would say it helps automate 40% of the
work -- which is not little to say the least.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |