Re: porting my book to sgml

Moayyad, you had asked two questions with relation to the title of this
email.

1. You needed a small text-editor (that would fit into a single floppy)
   so you can enter Arabic UTF-8 text on any machine no matter where you
   went.

Well, I spent some time looking/googling the net and here is a non-complete
list of things that I've found.  Do please download the editors and try
them out (I didn't test _any_ of them).  They are all FREE to use and
all support UTF-8 (they are listed in NO particular order),

  http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html
  http://uk.geocities.com/BabelStone1357/Software/BabelPad.html
  http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/4/1/4-1-31.shtml
  http://www.geocities.com/izenkov/product-te.htm
  http://www.wolosoft.com/en/superedi/
  http://polyedit.com/
  http://www.jedit.org/  (too big ? 1.7Meg)
  http://www.ograhl.com/en/ab-edit/index.php (too big ? 1.6Meg)

You might need Win2000 or WinXP to have the native Arabic entry methods,
but I'm not sure if any of the editors will offer it if you are on a
non-arabic windows for instance (something to try out).  When at home,
do please use linux and avoid this whole microzift problem/headache :-)

2. You needed Arabeyes' SGML template to be modified to suite Arabic
   content.

I will be again asking both Elzubeir and Youcef to get that done ASAP.
Expect to see a 'template.ar.sgml' soon.

We all value your book greatly and the effort that you put into it and
I can't stress how important it is now and in the future to have your
findings stored in an SGML format so that others in the future can not
only benefit but can also share-in and contribute.

In short, sorry for all the delays, but I will get your definitive answers
(and that arabic SGML template) within a week.

Salam and keep up the great work.