Re: Skolelinux (educational distro)

Quoting Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj (alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com):
> Technical stuff aside, lets talk about translation :)
>
> Once it is confirmed that Skolelinux will be able to support Arabic
> properly, I will very much be in favour of starting a Skolelinux
> translation project here.
>
> And if no one else sticks his neck out, I would very much like to be
> maintainer of said project, if core approves :)

Petter will correct me if I'm wrong, but Skolelinux packages are
indeed reincorporated into the main Debian archive, like most CDD
(Custoim Debian Distributions) do. So, translating Skolelinux is
indeed translating some Debian packages....

There are also currently some discussions with Petter about adding a
possibility to add a kind of "translation package" for adding
translations to some already installed packages. I still have to go
deeper into Petter's proposal but anyway, interesting things are
currently happening anyway..:-)