Re: Skolelinux (educational distro)

[Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj]
> Once it is confirmed that Skolelinux will be able to support Arabic
> properly, I will very much be in favour of starting a Skolelinux
> translation project here.

Skolelinux is Debian-Edu which is a subset of Debian.  If Debian and
KDE in Debian supports arabic, so do Skolelinux.  The
skolelinux-specific parts are 36 terms during the installation, and
documentation (manuals).

At the moment the stable version of Debian Edu is based on
Debian/Woody, and we are working on a Sarge based future version.  If
it is little work to get the Woody based version to support Arabic, we
can do that, but I suspect it is better to spend the time on the Sarge
version, as there seem to be lots of missing pieces in Woody.

> And if no one else sticks his neck out, I would very much like to be
> maintainer of said project, if core approves :)

Some information is available from
<URL:http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/contribute/translation/>.
Announce your intention on debian-edu at lists dot debian dot org, and someone
should assist you in the translation work.