Re: docbook and arabic

--- Moayyad Al-Sadi <double_bksp at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> how about manulally setting of direction fro rtl or
> ltr recall that what I asked you many months ago
> about how to do that (some of the arabic-howto can't
> look nice in ar doc) and Mohammed Elzubeir told me we
> can change the CSS but I think we can control that
> another why using <something lang="ar"></something>
> <something lang="en"></something> do you think this
> will work

I know close to nothing (well, forget the close to part :-) about
DocBook, but I do know that we really need a proper means to
document and specify files (akin to your book).  As such, I am
at a loss for words in terms of what to do or how to do it, and
I tried to search back in the archives to see what was decided
(as I do tend to remember a direction being given on this topic)
to no avail.  Is DocBook or XML or ... the right way to proceed
and why isn't the default latin methods sufficient to fully
support Arabic (have the necessary bugs been filed) ?

So sorry to rehash old subjects, but maybe this could be included
to the 'Arabic HowTo' [1] reference.

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/arabic-howto-en/