Evolution-data-server

Salam to all,

evolution-data-server.po translation is nearing
completion. Give it another day or two. Here are some
points and issues I would like to throw out there to
see if anyone has any comments or advice:

1. It can be hard to translate sentences in the
present perfect tense, as they make no sense in
Arabic. An example is:"Using email address...". Any
advice?

2. I made an assumption that function names aren't
translated. An example is: e_book_cancel. Is my
assumption correct or should I translate them?

3. Its been a custom to translate Invalid as "غير
صحيح". However I thought that "غير نظامي"
just clicks better. What do you think?

4. I remember I read somewhere on the site that
library names and certain program names are neither
translated nor transliterated. What should I do with
"gconf"? I assume nothing needs to be done.

5. Normally I would translate Pager as "النداء
الآلي". However in the evolution.po file
translated by Mr. Khayyat, its translated as
"بيبر", which I thought wasn't bad. So for the
sake of consistency I went with that.

6. A TTY, as I have only just learned, is a telephone
for the deaf. I had no idea how to translate it so I
got this straight from Al-Mawrid: "المُبرِقة
الكاتبة". Is it ok?

7. Transliterated Groupwise as "كروب-وايز".
Any better suggestions?

8. This is thorny! I didn't know how to translate
title (as in Mr. Miss. Mrs. Dr. etc...) so, I used the
old faithful Laqab.

9. I _highly_ recommend that we adopt "صيغة" as
the official translation of the word format (the noun,
not the verb). Its meaning is very self-evident.

10. "20th". Should it be "عشرون" or "عشرين"?
I went with the second but are there any guidelines?

11. I've finally come up with a good translation for
the word "already". Its "سَبْقاً". What do you
think?

12. This is the most important of all, as its stalling
any further translation. Does anyone have any
translation for argument? As in argument to a
function? I'm pretty sure they taught us what it was
in high school in math class, as math functions have
arguments too. I just can't remember what it was.
Anyone who does?

Well, if you've managed to read the whole list without
throwing yourself out the window, congratulations. You
have the patience of Ayyoub (PUH). I would highly
appreciate any input from anyone. Salam.

Abdulaziz