Re: gnome 2.8 and beyond

I knew this Q would come ;) NO I am not going to relieve myself as the
gnome maintainer. I want to have a co coordinator who will work on gnome
2.6.x whereas I concentrate on gnome 2.8 and all the new gnome related
stuff.
In the kernel process Linus torvalds is the maintainer of the actual
kernel but when the kernel is release he forgets about the old one and
works on the next one, for eg. 2.2 and 2.0 still are used but they are
not maintained by Linus.
See the point? I stay the gnome coordinator but I'll not focus on gnome
2.6 anymore I'll leave it to another person which will add with each
2.6.x release some strings correct some bugs if there are.
But I as the coordinator I'll do uploading downloading and all the usual
stuff... But instead of forgetting on gnome 2.6.x someone else cares
about it and we will have even when 2.8 comes out, a polished 2.6.x!

YES/NO the 2.8 files I mentioned namely evo, evo-data-server, gvm and
gossip are all already in the gnome tree but mostly in the "extra"
branch so when I'll do the update of the branches these files will
naturally go into their respective branch.
When the final module list for the gnome 2.8 release will be announced
these files will be migrated to the desktop branch of the tree. And as
they are part of the extra branch anyway there will be no crossing btw
2.8 and 2.6, when the migration is done the 2.6 will be tagged and the
2.8 uploaded and we'll have the 2.8 pure and complete in the desktop and
dev-libs branch.

For eg. totem it is already in the fifth-toe branch, so no crossing as
the files are already in there butin other branches.

No problem for being dense ;)

yours
Arafat