Re: Calendar Program

--- Mohamed Eldesoky <arabi hotpop com> wrote:
> I think this is similar to what Amin Moro wants to do
>
>   http://freshmeat.net/releases/100944

Thanks for the link it was very enlightening and useful.

A couple of things to note,

 1. I didn't see the source code for that java application.
    It was bundled as JAR (Java Archive) files.

    BTW: the fact that its in java means it should work on
         all other OSes (windows included).

 2. Mr. Moro's work is KDE specific and as such it differs
    in principle to what plexglobe-1.1 is doing.  That doesn't
    mean there aren't things which one application should
    "learn" from the other, there are various 'cool' features
    in each application -- both, on the other hand, lack
    Arabic localization (ie. numbers and month/day/year
    names in Arabic)

 3. plexglobe seems to require one's name and email as a
    requirement for it to function which seems a bit suspect.

In all its really nice to see more applications finally appear
on the scene.  All work should be encouraged, looked-upon,
inspected and commented on (at a minimum).