Re: minibidi bug

On Sun, 29 May 2005, Ahmad Khalifa wrote:

> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > No.  AFAICS, the problem is with bidi type of the text after
> > "best ".  The '3' shouldn't matter.  Since 4 >= 3 anyway.
>
> No, Again, the level '3' *IS* the problem
> what happens is
>
> - abcdefghijk
>   11113444411
>
> This is flipped to
>
> - abcdeihgfjk
>   11113444411
>
> Then
>
> - abcdfghiejk
>   11114444311
>
> You see now ?

No I don't.  Remove the 'e' and you should get the same thing.
If you don't, it's your bug.  Reread the L2 rule.

- abcdfghijk
  1111444411

reordering on levels >= 4 becomes

- abcdihgfjk
  1111444411

and then on levels >= 3 becomes

- abcdfghijk
  1111444411

Which is exactly what you've got.

behdad

> - OUTPUT        best ENO and EHT
> - miniBidi      ENO and best EHT
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^-- missing a flip
>
> the reversing happens from the maximum level to the least level
> greater than '0'. so the level '4' run is flipped and then flipped
> again within the '3' run.
>
> I'll see if I can put on the verbose thing in 30 minutes, if I cant
> I'll post the levels.
>

> ak.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/